https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/TuscanGnocchi-e1637182153410.png 563 557 Lauren DeVries https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/OF_LOGO_340X156-01-300x138.png Lauren DeVries2021-10-15 17:13:402022-02-01 13:36:07Tuscan Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
An easy Instant Pot meal!
Tuscan Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
- 5 tbsp. Our Family® Butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups Our Family® Chicken Broth
- 1 ½ tsp. Our Family® Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Our Family® Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 2 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 10-12 ounces each) 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup Our Family® Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and diced
- 1 (16-oz.) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup Our Family® Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Set Instant Pot to “Sauté” mode and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and cook just until the onion starts to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, Italian Seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper and salt to the pot and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the frozen chicken to the pan and lock the Instant Pot lid in place, making sure the venting valve is sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 18 minutes, and then carefully turn the venting valve to release any remaining pressure. When the pressure pin drops, remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and place on a cutting board to shred once cooled.
- Set the Instant Pot on “Sauté” mode and bring the broth to a simmer.
- Place the flour in a medium-sized bowl and slowly whisk in the milk and cream until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture into the simmering broth, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, tomatoes, gnocchi and spinach to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes longer or until the gnocchi rise to the top of the soup. Cancel “Sauté” mode.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese into the soup and serve.
Submit your review
Our Family Foods
Average rating: 0 reviews