Warm up with this filling and hearty chili recipe!
White Bean Chicken Chili
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 41 minutes
- 2 pounds Open Acres Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon Our Family Olive Oil
- 1 large Open Acres White Onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (15.5 ounces each) white chili beans, undrained, 1 can mashed with fork
- 1 can (7 ounces) Our Family Diced Mild Green Chiles, undrained
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) Our Family Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 teaspoon Our Family Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Our Family® Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family half and half
- Sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped green onions and/or chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. In medium saucepot, heat chicken thighs and 4 cups water to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°, skimming foam from surface occasionally. Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly, then cut into ½-inch pieces. Reserve cooking liquid.
2. In large saucepot or Dutch oven, add oil and onion; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add white beans, green chiles, corn, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken and reserved cooking liquid; cook 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Makes about 10 cups.
3. Serve chili garnished with sour cream, cheese, green onions and/or chopped cilantro if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup): 310 Calories, 10g Fat (2g Saturated), 60mg Cholesterol, 1029mg Sodium, 30g Carbohydrates, 9g Fiber, 6g Sugars, 25g Protein