Rave worthy chicken for your guest to be asking for seconds!
Wild Rice & Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
Prep: 35 minutes
Bake: 18 minutes
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 box (6 oz.)Our Family® Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix
- 8 Our Family® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 oz. Our Family® Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces and softened
- 3⁄4 bunch fresh asparagus (about 3⁄4 lb.), cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 3⁄4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Our Family® Heavy Cream
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese spread
- 8 tsp. Our Family® Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare rice as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, with sharp paring knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through, leaving about 1⁄4 inch uncut. Open chicken breasts and lay flat between plastic wrap on work surface. With flat end of meat mallet, pound each breast to flatten to 1⁄4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap.
3. In medium bowl, combine cooked rice, cream cheese, asparagus, bell pepper and thyme. Leaving 1⁄2-inch border, spoon about 1⁄2 cup rice mixture onto bottom half of each chicken breast, then roll chicken around filling to enclose. Place chicken, seam side down, on prepared baking pan. Brush outside of chicken breasts with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake chicken 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature of chicken and stuffing reaches 165°; let stand 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in small saucepot, cook cream, cheese spread and cayenne to simmering over medium-low heat; simmer 2 minutes. Makes about 1 1⁄2 cups sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 525 Calories, 27g Fat (13g Saturated), 172mg Cholesterol, 784mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 47g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Chicken can be stuffed and sauce can be prepared and refrigerated up 2 days in advance. Bake chicken as directed in step 3 and reheat sauce on stovetop.
Submit your review