This hearty meal will earn you rave reviews from your dinner table guests.
Yukon Gold Potato & Mushroom Gratin
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons Our Family unsalted butter
- 8 ounces Open Acres white mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium Open Acres onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 pint (2 cups) Our Family whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family salt
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds Open Acres Yukon Gold potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (2 cups)
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Stir in onion and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms and onion are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Spray shallow 2- to 3-quart glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread half of potato slices in dish, then top with half of mushroom mixture; sprinkle evenly with half of Swiss cheese. Repeat layering.
3. Bake gratin, uncovered, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until potatoes in center are fork- tender and top is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Chef Tips The gratin may be prepared 1 day in advance and reheated. Or, prepare mushroom mixture 1 day in advance as directed in step 1 and refrigerate.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 367 Calories, 27g Fat (17g Saturated), 95mg Cholesterol, 404mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 10g Protein