Wow, who knew this combo of sweet blueberries and savory bacon could be so good!
Bacon-Blueberry Ricotta Crostini
Prep: 10 minutes
Grill: 9 minutes
- 4 slices Our Family® Original Premium Bacon
- 1/2 (14 oz.) baguette, cut diagonally into 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Our Family® 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Cut 12-inch square sheet aluminum foil; fold up edges to create 1-inch rim, crimping corners to secure. Place bacon on foil and place on hot grill rack; cover and cook 6 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Transfer bacon to cutting board; blot both sides with paper towel and coarsely chop.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices with oil; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 3 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once.
- In medium bowl, toss blueberries, basil and syrup. Spread cheese on baguette slices; top with blueberry mixture and bacon. Makes 16 crostini.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 crostini): 188 Calories, 10g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 20mg Cholesterol, 264mg Sodium, 18g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 5g Sugars, 3g Added Sugars, 7g Protein
Submit your review