Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with potatoes this soup is positively delicious!
Cheesy Potato Soup
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 slices Our Family® Bacon, diced 1 medium Yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® All-Purpose Bleached Flour
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled, diced and boiled
- 3 cups Our Family® Sharp Cheddar Fancy Gourmet Cheese, shredded
- 4 cups Our Family® Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Our Family® Half and Half
- green onions
- Cook bacon, onion, garlic, Our Family Salt and Our Family pepper until bacon is crisp. Add Our Family All Purpose Flour and cook for about a minute, slowly start adding Our Family Chicken Broth and whisk in between each addition of broth, whisk in half and half and continue cooking until smooth and combined.
- Add half of the potatoes to soup mixture and very roughly mash. Add remaining potatoes and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve with more bacon, cheese and green onions.
Submit your review