This chicken appetizer recipe is creamy and cheesy.
Chicken Taco Pinwheels
Prep: 20 minutes plus cooling and chilling
Cook: 5 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 oz. ground chicken breast
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) Our Family® Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package Our Family® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced Open Acres® Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 3 Our Family® 8-inch Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray. Add chicken, seasoning and 2 tablespoons water; cook 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up chicken with side of spoon. Transfer to large bowl; cool 5 minutes. Stir in cheeses; fold in tomatoes and onions. Makes about 2 1/4 cups.
- Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture on 1 side of each tortilla; tightly roll up tortillas, tightly wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight. Remove plastic wrap; cut roll-ups crosswise into 8 (3/4-inch-thick) slices and garnish with onions, if desired. Makes 24 pinwheels.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (6 pinwheels): 376 Calories, 18g Fat, 9g Saturated Fat, 91mg Cholesterol, 1082mg Sodium, 25g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 28g Protein
Complete the lunch box with individual guacamole snack packs. To make two meals in one, cook a double batch of ground chicken and taco seasoning, using half for a taco dinner and the remaining half to make pinwheels for lunch.
Submit your review