This craft beer brat recipe offers a sweet yet smoky flavor that is perfect for your next summer cook-out!
Craft Beer Brats with Red Cabbage-Apple Slaw & Bacon
Grill: 16 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
- 5 slices Our Family® Bacon
- 1 package Open Acres® Premium Craft Beer Brats
- 1/3 cup Our Family® Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. coarse grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Open Acres® Granny Smith Apple, halved, cored and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
1. Cover 1 side of outdoor grill rack with aluminum foil; prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-low heat.
2. Place brats on uncovered hot grill rack; place bacon on foil-covered hot grill rack.
3. Cover and cook brats 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°, turning frequently; cook bacon 13 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning once.
4. About 3 minutes before brats are done, place buns, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Chop bacon.
5. In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, salt, and pepper; fold in apple, cabbage, and onion. Makes about 3 cups.
6. Serve brats in buns topped with slaw and bacon.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 brat): 532 Calories, 34g Fat (9g Saturated), 76mg Cholesterol, 1398mg Sodium, 32g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 11g Sugars, 23g Protein
Submit your review