As fresh as appetizers get, these crudités are the perfect summer dish! The natural flavors and variety are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Grilled Crudités with Herbed Feta Dip
Prep: 15 minutes plus soaking
Grill: 6 minutes
- 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 package (8 oz.) Our Family® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Our Family® Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. packed coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. packed coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Black Pepper
- 1 package (1 quart) Our Family® Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1 package (4 count) Our Family® Rainbow Bell Peppers, cut lengthwise in half and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into eighths, then cut crosswise in half
- 4 medium Our Family® Whole Carrots, halved lengthwise
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat; soak skewers in water 20 minutes. In food processor, purée cream cheese, sour cream, feta cheese, basil, parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Makes about 2 cups.
- Thread tomatoes onto skewers; brush both sides of tomato skewers, bell peppers, zucchini and carrots with oil. Place vegetables on hot grill rack; cover and cook tomatoes and peppers 4 minutes, and zucchini and carrots 6 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Remove and discard stems from bell peppers; cut into 1-inch slices. Cut carrots into 3-inch long sticks. Serve vegetables with dip; sprinkle dip with parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 skewer, 1/2 each bell pepper, zucchini and carrot, 1/4 cup dip): 298 Calories, 25g Fat, 11g Saturated Fat, 54mg Cholesterol, 357mg Sodium, 15g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 8g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 7g Protein